Sunday, October 01, 2006

Strawberries in Balsamic Sauce

A fresh package of organic strawberries begged to be eaten in my fridge, so I rummaged through my pantry, recalled seeing recipes/cooking shows heralding the combination of balsamic and strawberries, and so I tried it. I served it over vanilla ice cream and in the words of my boyfriend, it is "the only sauce that should ever be put on ice cream." Enough said.

Strawberries in Balsamic Sauce:
(serves 2)
8 oz sliced strawberries
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1-2 tbs sugar

Directions:
Stir balsamic and sugar in a bowl until the sugar has begun to melt into the vinegar. Gently stir in strawberries. Let sit, stirring occasionally, at room temperature for 1-4 hours. Serve over vanilla ice cream, pound cake or angel food cake, cheesecake or whatever you want!

1 comment:

afrodisiacos said...

I totally match with everything you've written.