Thursday, November 15, 2007

Spicy Shrimp & Baby Bok Choy Soup


Up at 5:30, to the gym, then the office, then an event, then the drive home. This leaves me at 8:30 p.m. with no dinner, and so late it's almost not worth it (not to mention the calories before heading to bed!).

So this soup was born. It literally takes 5 minutes. Total.

Swap out the protein, change up the vegetable, and it's still fast, easy, delicious and healthy. Maybe not so photogenic though...

Spicy Shrimp & Baby Bok Choy Soup:
(serves 2)

4 c reduced sodium chicken broth
2 c water
1 tbs shrimp paste
1 tbs red chili paste
Dash salt (to taste)
Dash soy sauce (about a tsp)
Dash white pepper (about a tsp)
1 tsp-1 tbs chili sauce like sriracha
Dash fish sauce (about a tsp)
4 small bunches baby bok choy, cleaned and ends removed freeing each individual leaf
8-10 raw jumbo shrimp, peeled with tails on

Directions:
Heat broth and water over high heat. Add all seasonings. Bring to a boil. Add bok choy and shrimp, let simmer 3-5 minutes until bok choy is wilted, shrimp is just cooked through and broth is piping hot. Serve immediately.

5 comments:

Peter M said...

I'm starting to rate this soups as medicial/soothing as chicken soup!

Christy said...

It looks yummy! Definitely something I will have to experiment with, as I have those kinda days to and am always looking for something quick and easy.

Kelly-Jane said...

I relly enjoy soups like this one, and it's a real bonus that it's healthy too!

Cakespy said...

Well, I love spicy shrimp, and I have a whole bunch of left over bok choy from a recipe I didn't need so much as I thought in...I think I know how to use it now! Superyum.

Nora B. said...

My kind of soup - spicy, with seafood & veg. yummm! And quick too.