Sunday, April 06, 2008

Easy Vegetarian Chili


It's well into the 80's every day here, so not sure why any kind of chili sounded appealing, but I went with it and loved the results. This is seriously easy, very satisfying, delicious and as a pleasant bonus - healthy!

Easy Vegetarian Chili:
(serves 4)

1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can white beans (drained and rinsed)
1 28 oz can whole tomatoes & juice (no salt added)
3 c corn (fresh or canned/frozen, no sugar or salt added)
12 oz water or beer
1 chipotle chili, roughly chopped
2 tbs chili powder
1 tbs cumin
Salt and pepper to taste (the beans have salt, so you may not need much)
2 tbs (or to taste) hot sauce
Sour cream, greek yogurt, crema, cheese, etc. for serving
Snipped chives for garnish

Directions:
Combine, heat, simmer until desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve!

14 comments:

Kelly-Jane said...

This looks so delicious, and really healthy too :)

I often crave this kind of warm, comforting food when it hot, although I think it's an odd thing to want then too!

test it comm said...

That chili looks tasty. I like the corn in it. It would add a touch of sweetness.

We Are Not Martha said...

It looks delicious and pretty healthy too. Perfect!!

Sues

Chris said...

Love the sounds of this one. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Oh that does look easy!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I LOVE the addition of beer in chili...and kielbasa! Add the chipotle and you've got me hooked.
Now about the weather in the 80's...I think I could live with that after the winter we just got over!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kirsten! I just made my own blog and was looking for inspiration when I remembered your cooking blog...! I have been looking through your recipes for WAY too long, but that's OK, they all look great. Hope everything is going well.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that looks so yummy.
Can't wait to try it.

lululu said...

looks so yummy and super easy!!!!

nipsum said...

How do you do.
I hope to see blog.
Please link to this site.

Cakespy said...

Ooh, came across this a bit late, but doesn't it look and sound GOOD!? I love veggie chili!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful recipe, it's just perfect looking. Lovely site as well.

Unknown said...

Wow! Fast, easy and delicious. Makes a lot of chili. I used fresh corn cut from the cob and since I like things pretty hot, I used a lot of hot sauce. Smokin' hot! I sent the recipe to some friends. It's great with the big scoop of sour cream and chopped green onions.
Great recipe!

Ashley said...

These things look gorgeous and I am sure are delicious. I'm bookmarking these to try this weekend.