One of my favorite fellow food bloggers Lis, who writes La Mia Cucina who is a hilarious and talented cook and writer and is constantly making the most decadent and delicious desserts, pastas and more, honored me with
The Thinking Blogger Award.
I am flattered beyond belief that my recipes, cocktails and musings made her list!
So, I am doing the same. Here are five of my favorite blogs that make me think - and why!
1. The Technicolor Kitchen by Patricia Scarpin, a blogger who has been a passionate cook since the age of 11 and resides in São Paulo, Brazil. I read the English version of her blog, and her unique perspective on food, cooking and ingredients makes me think. Also, the translation of recipes from metric in some instances literally makes me think - and use math! :)
2. A very new blog here in Phoenix, Arizona called PHX Rail Food written by a fellow food lover and is about restaurants around the stops of the new Metro Rail system in Phoenix, slated to be running by 2008. I know it's unfathomable as the 6th largest city in the United States, but the only public transportation we have is an only so-so bus system, so a modern rail transit system is so exciting for our city, especially downtown Phoenix, and this blog makes me think about city life, supporting independent restaurants and supporting the right kind of growth in Phoenix. Looking forward to new restaurants listed and riding the rail once it launches!
3. Freya and Paul from Writing at the Kitchen Table for their intelligent and laugh-out-loud tales of cooking and married life in a country far from mine. They get me thinking about new ingredients, different lifestyles and what married life is like! Plus they often post fun comments on my blog, once again getting me thinking that this is a public diary and I do have readers! :)
4. My dear Peabody, author of Culinary Concoctions by Peabody, who has been a loyal reader of my blog for a while, and who is constantly making me think about the hows and whys of baking and food photography. Plus, she used to live in Phoenix, so she makes me think about changes to the Phoenix area in the food world since she was living here. Lastly, she makes me think how ANYONE can be that effortlessly talented with pastry/baking!! Just today she posted a recipe and some mouth-watering photos for Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes...I mean!
5. Another local blogger, Seth Chadwick of Feasting in Phoenix, a local guy who freely admits he's just an average guy who is not paid by anyone but just loves to try restaurants and shares his thoughts with the world. People love him for his honest, every-man reviews. He gets me thinking about restaurants I have forgotten, places I have never been and all of the many, many facets of good restaurants - and it isn't always just about the food!
If I named your blog, here is what you are supposed to do:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.