Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving


You know how some people always say they perform better under pressure? I think I am one of those people. In just a few short hours (due to some last-minute changes), I pulled together a Thanksgiving feast for my family.

My action plan? I made only kitchen-tested recipes that I have made many times, and no turkey. Honestly I hardly like the stuff. Instead, I am serving the still-novel, juicy, quick-cooking and just plain delicious Rock Cornish game hens.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Thanksgiving Menu for 8

Hors d’Oeuvres:

Chicken Liver & Sherry Pate with Rosemary & Sea Salt Crackers

Smoked Salmon Spread with Cracked Wheat Crackers

Chicken Salad with Cranberries on rounds of Cucumber topped with Slivered Almonds





Salad:

Mixed Greens with Dried Cranberries & Slivered Almonds with Raspberry Vinaigrette




Entrée:

Roasted Rock Cornish Game Hens with Herbed Butter






Sides:

Cornbread-Sage Stuffing

Haricot Verts Almondine

Sweet and Savory Cranberry Sauce






Creamy Broccoli Casserole (thanks Mom)
Dinner rolls with butter (thanks Brian)

Dessert:

Turkey-Shaped Name Card Sugar Cookies

Mini Chocolate Almond Tarts







Pumpkin & Pecan pie (thanks Mom)
Apple Pie & Ice Cream (thanks Sheesley's)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kirsten,
I hosted Thanksgiving for my in-laws.
I made a turkey (the Williams-Sonoma way), along with butternut squash puree soup, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, green beens with champagne shallot vinaigrette, caramelized brussel sprouts with truffle oil and parmesan shavings, cranberry pear relish, yeast rolls and gravy. My mother in law provided the pumpkin and pecan pie. Everything was delicious! Have a good time in Vegas!

Kirsten said...

Hi Barbara! WOW, your menu sounds exquisite and mouth-wateringly delicious. Esp interesting is your vinaigrette for the green beans, it sounds wonderful. And the truffle oil and parmesan on the sprouts sounds decadent and sooo yummy. Can't wait to see you guys in about a month!