Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year!


I am back from Pittsburgh and ready to cook.

But first, here is something I made while away for a small hors d'oeuvres party we hosted on New Year's day at my boyfriend's parents house.

Joe and Diane, thank you so much for welcoming me into your home and family and letting me mess up your kitchen. I couldn't have had a better visit or felt more welcome.

Mini Baked Potatoes with Chives & Caviar:
(makes about 30 appetizers)

15 petite size new potatoes, skin on, halved
8 oz container sour cream
1/4 c fresh chives, chopped
2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbs olive oil
2 oz black lump caviar (or whatever you prefer, can afford, or find in the store)
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Toss cut potatoes (make sure you buy v. small potatoes as the point is to make bite-sized halves) with olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl or resealable bag. Place (cut side down) on a baking sheet lined with foil for easier clean up. Roast until cooked through and browned on cut side, about 20-30 minutes.

Place sour cream in a pastry bag or a plastic resealable bag with the corner snipped off. Pipe a small amount of sour cream atop each potato half, sprinkle with chives, add caviar and serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fancy!

Kirsten said...

Thanks Peabody! I can say that at least 3-4 people had never tried caviar before, so it was a risk, but everyone loved them. And I love recipes that are easy AND fancy.